Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Recipe (Take My Word For It)

Nate came home from work and asked me what was for dinner. I told him, and he looked horrified. "That sounds terrible," he told me.


"Pretend it sounds good, "I said. "I want Macieo to eat it."


One of these days, that man is going to learn to trust me when it comes to food. I have yet to steer him wrong.


Once he was actually sitting down and EATING the dinner he said, and I quote, "This is amazing! This is seriously so good, I can't believe it!"


Obviously :)


But in reality, this recipe was great. Even Macieo loved it. So that means you should try it for dinner tonight. Or tomorrow. Or whenever. Just try it!


Grilled Goat Cheese and Strawberry Sandwiches




  • 8 strips of bacon, cooked

  • 2 oz. goat cheese

  • 8 slices whole grain bread

  • fresh spinach

  • jalapeno jelly

  • butter

  • strawberries, sliced

Butter one side of each piece of bread.


On the other side, on 4 of the pieces of bread, spread a layer of goat cheese (I bought goat cheese crumbles at Trader Joes, warmed them for 15 seconds in the microwave, and it was very spreadable).


On the other 4 pieces of bread, spread a layer of jalapeno jelly.


Arrange bread in a frying pan, butter side down, over medium heat (you may have to do this in shifts, depending on the size of your pan). Cook until bread is golden brown (pretend you're making a grilled cheese!)


Take one slice of bread with goat cheese, and one with jalapeno jelly. Arrange 2 pieces of bacon, some spinach leaves and some strawberries, and assemble sandwiches.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

jenica said...

Hey, you don't have to twist my arm! Ok. I even have goat cheese and spinach in my fridge. But I do wish I could just walk behind my house and visit your kitchen...boo hoo.
Do you have a Trader Joes near?
Miss you all!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP