Friday, April 1, 2011

For Now

I'm still thinking that I'll leave the fireplace "au natural" (for now), but did think there were a few things I could do to give it a little update. The outdated gold-ish metal on the grate was really not my style, so I decided to give it a little facelift. I bought a can of spray paint, and some frog tape (which is SO worth the extra money), and went to town. BEFORE: DURING: AND AFTER: Before: After:

I think it gives it a much more updated look, which is great! And the whole project only cost about $15, so you can't beat that.


I'm learning you can do some pretty amazing things with a little paint. A friend of mine recently painted her tile floors, and they looked amazing. I didn't even know you could do that, but now I'm seriously considering it!


I did decide AGAINST painting the kitchen counters. From what I heard, they don't hold up that well, so I guess I'll learn to live with blue.

3 comments:

Karen said...

It looks AMAZING!!! Good call on the black!

Jen said...

It looks great! I am a major fan of Rust-o-leum spray paint. And you are the second person to say that frog tape is worth the cost - good to know. I am so curious about your friend who painted her tile floors. Wow! I just saw a great idea for covering countertops today on the Nate Show: tile them! I had never heard of that before but it is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

I saw the tiled countertops on the Nate show too and thought of you! It would be a perfect way to cover up the blue!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP