Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Random

So lately, I have all these great ideas for things I want to blog about. But then the kids need something, and I forget. Or I'm tired. Or distracted. Or actually have 20 quiet minutes I can spend talking to my husband. Needless to say, they never get written. So for all three of my faithful readers (hi Linda!) here's a quick rundown of what's on my mind, and what we've been doing lately.

-The snow melted and the sun came out. There are flowers coming up in my yard. After six months of cold, dark winter, I feel a lot like those flowers. Happy. Alive. Excited to be outside again.

-I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred today. Macieo joined me, which was pretty funny. He can do pushups about 5 times faster than I can. It's really embarassing when you're outmatched by a kid. I have a lot of work to do.

-Did you know you can request books at the library? In the past two weeks, I've requested 2 different books, and they've approved both requests! Amazon.com may be seeing a serious decline in my patronage now that I know the libaray will actually buy things if I just ask! (If you're curious, the books are "Everyday in Tuscany" by Frances Mayes, and "Adopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families and Churches" by Russell Moore and C.J. Mahaney)

-I cannot WAIT for the Farmer's Market to start. I think about it about every five minutes.

-I am having a garage sale ASAP. I cannot wait to get rid of some of this junk. Where did it all come from!?!

-After looking, debating and agonizing over purchasing a jogging stroller, I bought a great used one today off of Craigslist for $30. How did I function before Craigslist?

-I'm pretty sure that previous thought answered the question in the one before it.

-Baby B will be four months old on Saturday. Where did the last two months go? He's growing up too fast!

-B weighs almost 18 lbs. He's growing like crazy!

-Whoever invented the exersaucer is my hero.

-Super Mario Bros. Wii is addicting. Nate and I have been reliving our childhood each night after the kids go to bed.

-I can't stop listening to the song "You Won't Relent" by Jesus Culture. Kim Walker is one of the most amazing vocalists around today.

-I finished my taxes earlier today. Whew.

Think this post is slightly scattered. A little frightened by the randomness of my thoughts? Me too. Lately, it's hard to sit still. Motherhood has put my brain on overdrive, so this is just kind of how it is right now :)

See you later!

-

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Was I included as one of your faithful readers??? I think you probably have more than 3. :)
I can't wait for the Farmer's Market either. I was just talking about it with a friend last night.
Also, do you want any help with your garage sale? As we're packing up to move, I am going through stuff to sell and have a nice pile going. If I can throw stuff in with your sale, I'll gladly help out (depending on when it is, of course). We're moving in 2 weeks and baby is due in July so sometime between then is great for me. Just email me and let me know.

Leah said...

Yeah, I'd say more than 3! Wanted you to know we prayed for y'all at our new church start meeting last Thursday--having another little person in the house can be a huge difference! I hope you all are doing well and that spring keeps coming...we had snow (in Atlanta!!) a few weeks ago so I hear you about wanting it to warm up.
xo
Leah

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP