Sunday, December 13, 2009

Name That Cookie

I tried a new cookie recipe tonight that I thought was really good.

When my son ate one, he told me he thought he might throw up. So I guess that means the recipe is not kid-friendly.

The original recipe said they were called Pecan Meltaways.

My mom came over, ate one, and said "these are really good Russian Tea Cakes."

I don't know what they should be called, but I think they're yummy.

And they were easy, which is always a bonus.

Pecan Meltaways
1 C. butter, softened
1/2 C. confectioners sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
2 1/4 C. flour
1/4 t. salt
3/4 C. chopped pecans
additional confectioners sugar
In a large bowl, cream the butter, confectioners sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and stir well. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate until chilled.

Roll into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until set. Roll wamr cookies in additional confectioners sugar; cool completely on wire racks. Roll cooled cookies again in confectioners sugar.

Enjoy!

**If you're like me, and like to eat the dough while you're in the process of making cookies, don't. It was terrible!!!

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP