Saturday, December 12, 2009

Meet Merle

Meet Merle, our resident squirrel.


He cavorts about our yard, scurrying up trees or burying acorns under our lawn.
He is in or around our yard all day, every day, rain or shine.
When we would eat dinner on our deck during the summer, he would climb up into the apple tree that hung over the table, and snack on apples while we ate. The only downside to this was that when he was done, he would toss the apple cores right into the middle of the table! It was funny until one landed on Macieo's plate, and he refused to finish his dinner because it had "squirrel germs" on it. I assume this behavior for Merle's passive-aggressive way of telling us he wished we'd invited him for dinner.

But overall, we get along very well, and have enjoyed sharing our yard with him.


Macieo wants a new pet for Christmas. I think he's going to have to be satsified with Merle.
**Merle is named after the title character in one of our favorite children's books.

2 comments:

Bambina Babe said...

Nice pictures! Looks like you got it figured out. What camera did you get? I'm dying to know. :)

Lindsay said...

I ended up getting a Nikon D3000. I bought it as a kit, so I have two different lenses, which have been fun to play with. I'm sure I'll be wanting more before long! I'm planning on taking a class in January on DSLR photograpy so I can really learn how to use it. Right now, my pictures only turn out decently about half the time :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP