Monday, August 10, 2009

It's Almost Official

We just got word that our adoption hearing is next Tuesday! Only one more week, and M officially becomes a Pritchard. While he's been calling us mom and dad for awhile now, and we've been planning for this day, I'm excited for it to become "legal." While I feel like we're already a family, it will be nice to have the same last name!

If you would have told me a year ago that I'd be adopting a six-year-old little boy, I would have laughed out loud! But, as with most things in my life, the plans God has for me are different (and far better) than those I make for myself. They say parenthood is a wild ride...here's to jumping in with both feet!

Check back next week, because once the adoption is final, I can finally start posting pictures! And I'm sure I'll have lots to say :)

Thanks to all of you for your prayer and encouragement!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

That is so exciting! We have our license now and are waiting for a placement, so it is fun to hear a "success" story!

~Jamie Morgan

Shelene said...

Lindsay, I'm so excited for you three! What a special thing, to know that God really does have amazing plans for us all when we have faith. I think of you often - we should plan a play date one of these days before school starts... for real this time! :)

Lindsay said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP