Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Signs of Spring

For the past two weeks, I have existed almost entirely on canteloupe and asparagus.

Okay, so maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but I have eaten A LOT of it. After a long Iowa winter, I'd forgotten how good fresh fruit and vegetables can taste! I'm excited that we're heading back into the portion of the calendar where fresh produce is actually "in season."

I thought I'd post my favorite asparagus recipe. It's easy, and delicious (although if you're watching your sodium intake, it's probably not for you!)

Enjoy!

ROASTED ASPARAGUS

1 lb. fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
6 T. olive oil
2 t. salt
fresh ground pepper

Preheat oven to 425.
Mix olive oil, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
Roll asparagus in mixture, coating evenly.
Place asparagus on a foil covered baking sheet.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until ends are brown and crispy.

1 comment:

Bambina Babe said...

Yum, sounds great. Thanks for the recipe!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP