Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Little Bit Girly



Before I met my in-laws, I had never been to a Bed & Breakfast. I did not frequent antique stores. I didn't have a sister. Those are just a few of the things that quickly changed when I became a Pritchard.


Every summer, I get together with my husband's sisters, mom, aunt and cousin, and spend a weekend at a Victorian B & B somewhere in the Midwest. We eat at fancy restaurants. We shop for antiques and go in cute boutiques my husband would never be caught dead in. We talk, a lot. We laugh. We drink ridiculous amounts of coffee.


There are lots of things I love about my in-laws, but girl-time has to be at the top of my list. Even if we're just hanging out at my in-laws house, we always make a point to brew a pot of coffee, head to the sun room, lock the door (no children or men allowed!) and have our dose of girl-time.


Linda, Jenny and I all have September birthdays, and this year, we celebrated in true Pritchard style. We shopped for antiques. We ate at a tearoom. We wore funny hats and tiaras.


Thanks, girls, for a great birthday!




P.S.--We missed you, Heather!!

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP