Friday, August 15, 2008

What next?

I've finally taken the plunge and joined a book club. My mom's been in one for years, and I've lived vicariously through her, reading books the women in her group loved and avoiding the ones they hated (and typically agreeing with their verdicts). Now, I've decided it's time to step out on my own.

So far, there are just five of us in the group, and we meet once a month at Panera to discuss. Coffee AND books...could this get any better?

We take turns picking the book, which is great because it's led me to read some great books I might not have otherwise chosen. But, stress of all stresses, we're coming upon September, the month I'm slated to choose the crowd-pleasing 'tome.' What's a girl to do?

I'm leaning toward the book "The Traveler," by Ron McLarty. Why? I randomly came across it on the internet (this is my process for making most important decisions) and thought it looked good.

Here's what we've read so far:

Belong To Me, by Marisa De Los Santos
Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
Marley and Me, by John Grogan

We're sticking to fiction, but other than that, we're wide open. If you have any book suggestions, please share them with me!

1 comment:

Lanzens Life said...

That's great! I love reading, too, but never know what books to read!

I love your blog, by the way! =)

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP