Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Perfect Summer Day




It's official...I survived my first river kayak trip, and am now officially "outdoorsy!!" Okay, so maybe that's a little bit of a stretch, but I did spend all day Saturday in a kayak, and am now hooked.

Thanks to our good friends Tim and Janel, I decided to get over my fear of the outdoors (I love it for it's beauty, but am often distracted by bugs, dirt, snakes, etc...) and spend a day on the river. My wilderness-loving husband was thrilled. We've been married 5 years, and I've spent a total of two nights camping with him, much to his chagrin (remind me again why sleeping outside is fun??) So for him, this was pretty much the perfect day.

We were blessed with beautiful weather, and other than a painful sunburn, I couldn't have asked for a better day! If you've never tried kayaking, I highly recommend it! It's much easier than it looks :)

3 comments:

Lanzens Life said...

Looks like fun! =) I love the pictures.

I know -- I couldn't find a more recent picture! I think we should get together more. ;)

J and J Masson said...

hey lindsey! or are you a lindsay? anywho, found your site through neely's, who i found through jess starmer . . . sometimes when i'm bored i stalk blogs. just saying hi and seeing how you are doing! welcome to the blog world!

Jessica Starmer said...

You have a BLOG?!? Who knew?! Look at you putting that journalism degree to good use! We still need to get together sometime. I know it's really difficult seeing as we live about 12 miles apart!!(ok, so more like 25, but you know...)

Hope you are doing well and looking forward to seeing you again! Love you!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP